Forms & Permits

Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit

“An annual Temporary Food Service Establishment (TFSE) permit is required to sell or serve food at a fixed location for a temporary period of time. This requirement applies to selling or serving food from vending booths, stands, kiosks, vehicles or carts at special events. Special events include events held on Department of Parks and Recreation property, as well as events held on public or private property. Examples of special events include street fairs, flea markets, carnivals, circuses, public exhibitions, advertising campaigns, business promotions, religious or fraternal organization functions, or transitory gatherings”

Application is here:


Food Protection: Mobile Vendors

The Food Protection Course for Mobile Vendors trains individuals in food protection practices to ensure the safety of the food served in New York City’s mobile food carts and trucks. The NYC Health code requires that all applicants for a Mobile Food Vendor license be certified in food protection. Completion of this course and passing of the final exam satisfies that requirement.

Application is here:


Certificate of Fitness for the Use of LPG / CNG at Outdoors Events and for Mobile Cooking

A Certificate of Fitness is required to use liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or compressed natural gas (CNG) to fuel cooking equipment at outdoors events. This Certificate of Fitness is valid only for the specific person to whom it is issued and can be used anywhere within New York City.

Application is here: