Join us for MUNCHIES Festival, a free two-day event on New York’s Lower East Side celebrating food in all aspects.
- MUNCHIES Festival will bring the flavors and prominent names of Nordic cuisine to New York for a once-in-a-lifetime weekend of food, drink, cinema, music and talks at the Hester Street Fair, providing a showcase of the most exciting culinary talent from one of the most important dining destinations of the past decade.
- Eight lauded Nordic chefs (two representing each country, including Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Sweden) will demonstrate the broad definition of “new Nordic cuisine” found in these countries today.
- Ranging from fine dining to street food, the MUNCHIES Festival allows New Yorkers to experience the full spectrum of Nordic food together like never before, alongside a selection of the MUNCHIES team’s favorite New York-based restaurants.
- Showcasing the diverse voices in food culture today, MUNCHIES Festival gives attendees the rare opportunity to speak directly with leaders in the field about the role food plays in tomorrow’s social and environmental change, both in the US and in Nordic countries.
- MUNCHIES Festival is the latest real-world extension of the wide-reaching online community formed by MUNCHIES, which celebrates the diverse roles played by food in cultures all over the world.
SELECT PARTICIPATING CHEFS/RESTAURANTS:
- Claus Meyer – Meyers (Denmark)
- Kamilla Seidler, Gustu (Denmark)
- Richard McCormick, Sandro (Finland)
- Sofia B. Olsson, vRÅ (Sweden)
- Atli Mar Yngvason, Pjoltergeist (Norway)
- Antto Melasniemi, Restaurant Antto Melsniemi (Norway)
- Mikaeil Svensson, Restaurant Kontrast (Norway)
- Interview with Kamilla Seidler
- Nordic Food Market
- Nordic Cocktail Lab
- Sea Buckthorn Colada
- One of the world’s most popular cocktails in a Nordic edition.
- Danish Skotlander White Rum mixed with sea buckthorn and coconut cream. Served ice cold.
- Danish Gin & Tonic
- Danish Herbie Gin distilled with green apples and camomile served with local brewed tonic. With a scoop of fresh apple sorbet.
- Herbie VirGIN & Tonic
- World’s first virgin gin mixed with tonic. Danish Herbie Virgin is distilled with botanicals like a regular gin. But no alcohol.
- Meyers Bakery and Danish Pork Sandwich
- Beer Garden
- Evil Twin and Old Blue Last
- MUNCHIES Cinema
- Free cans of La Colombe Draft Latte
- Sea Buckthorn Colada
NEW YORK VENDORS
- Arancini Bros
- Brooklyn Baked and Fried
- Burger and Lobster
- Caracas Arepa Bar
- Cafe Patoro
- Char Sue
- Doughnut Plant
- DownEast Lobstah
- Excell’s Kingston Eatery
- Georgia’s East Side BBQ
- Harlem Baked Goods
- Icelandic Fish and Chip
- La Newyorkina
- Macaron Parlour
- Melt Bakery
- Oaxaca Taqueria
- Petee’s Pie
- Pizza Moto
- Renegade Lemonade
- The Awkward Scone
- The Fried Kitchen
- The Meatball Shop
- The Nugget Spot
- Waffle de Lys
More info: http://munchies.tv/festival/