Hester Street Fair, Sake Discoveries and The Izakaya are proud to present our first annual Sake Festival featuring the best sake breweries from Japan alongside a variety of Japanese food and other unique vendors! We will also be welcoming Master brewers from Japan pouring sake for you.
Meet Master Brewers from 12pm-5pm
Yuzo Kuji from Nanbu Bijin (pictured first below) located in Iwate prefecture will be in attendance along with Masayuki Imanishi (pictured second below) from Mimurosugi in Nara. We are also proud to welcome Brian Polen and Brandon Doughan (pictured third below), our very own locally made sake from Brooklyn Kura. Meet special guest Kuramotos from Japan and NY’s first sake brewery, Brooklyn Kura!
This is a rare opportunity to have the younger generations of these sake breweries come together for an event here in NYC!
Sake tasting ticket is available here now. The ticket includes tasting of all the SAKES at the festival.
What To Drink
We will be offering exclusive sake that can only be purchased at this event. Some of the sake’s being offered are:
- Nanbu Bijin: Award winning brewery from Iwate prefecture
- Yuzo Special Miyama Junmai 60 served hot
- Nanbu Bijin Tokubetsu Junmai served chilled and hot
- Nanbu Bijin No Sugar Umeshu served chilled and hot
- Imanishi Shuzo: Mimurosugi, just made a US debut, from Nara prefecture
- Mimurosugi Junmai Daiginjo served chilled
- Mimurosugi Junmai Ginjo served chilled
- Mimurosugi Tokubetsu Junmai served chilled and hot
- Brooklyn Kura
- No. 14 Junmai Ginjo Nama Genshu (unpasteurized)
- Blue Door Junmai Nama Genshu (unpasteurized)
- Tatenokawa Brewery: Brewery from Yamagata prefecture
- The Izakaya exclusive “Relax Sake” brewed by Tatenokawa Brewery:
Urbani Truffles will be offering some fun ways to enjoy sake. We will serve original sake blends (kan sake) for the day and we will also have “Truffle-Kan” which is a super luxurious way to enjoy warm sake infused with Urbani Truffles!
What to Eat
- Original Ramen Burger by Keizo Shimamoto.
- The Izakaya will be serving Jingisukan burgers, their new lotus root and curry
- Rooster Boy will feature their koji marinated Japanese-American fried chicken.
- OtakuKatsu will offer their Pork Katsu sando
- Brooklyn Ramen will be serving
- Hakata Tonton is also serving some Japanese bites.
- Nyrture New York Natto will be featuring their probiotic superfood made fresh in NYC
Keizo Shimamoto on Conan O’Brien!
About Hester Street Fair
The Hester brand is known for its highly curated selection of NYC’s artisanal fashion, art, design, jewelry, crafts, music, and food vendors. By bringing together a high quality, a wide range of cutting edge entrepreneurs and under-the-radar brands, Hester creates buzzworthy artisanal experiences that are unique to Manhattan and unavailable in other parts of the city. Our vendor selections represent the unmatched diversity, unique talent, and abundant creative spirit that sets New York City apart. The Hester experience is about bringing the community together. It is family-friendly and open to all, yet stylish and exclusive enough to appeal to discerning foodies and in-the-know shoppers who come to check out the latest trends. Described by the New York Times as a “hyperlocal block party,” The Hester brand brings a connection to community and a vibe that is cool, cozy, and familiar.
- Every weekend, the Hester Street Fair draws Lower East Side locals, families, and tourists. We drew more than 11,000 people on this year’s opening day and continue to draw thousands of people every weekend. 75% of our roster is from the local community, and all goods are either handmade or owner collected with an emphasis on unique specialty items. We have maintained our place as the most affordable artisanal street fair in the city, allowing for vendors experimentation in branding and product creation. The space has become a launchpad for a diverse group of entrepreneurs looking to build their brands and bring ideas to life.
- Our first Grub Street Food Festival, was attended by over 13,000 visitors
- The Hester Street Fair has a roster of hundreds of carefully curated vendors, small business owners, artists, makers, etc.